Monday, June 1, 2009

Stila’s Cherry Crush vs Nivea Tinted Lip Balm


When Stila's Cherry Crush Lip & Cheek Stain was introduced, I immediately added it to my list of beauty products to try/buy. And buy it I did; $24 at Sephora (aka my happy place). With makeup, it's the packaging that gets me every time, and Stila knows how to package. I hate to say it, but I was underwhelmed by the stain. Too sheer, not enough control with the applicator, and wore off too quickly. And so it's been replaced by a haphazzard drugstore find: NIVEA A Kiss of Flavor Cherry Tinted Lip Care. It's like a cherry chap stick, but far better. It has a subtle cherry scent, moisturizes lips like crazy, and best of all, it gives me that just-ate-a-cherry-popsicle stain that I'm looking for. And it and only costs $2 and change. A great drugstore find!

4 comments:

  1. I also love the packaging on products almost as much as I love the products themselves. I can't TELL you how many times I bought something because it would look cute on my dresser or bathroom sink. On the topic of lip and cheek stain, have you ever tried Benefit's?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm buying it!! (The Nivea that is.) SOLD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi g-ma and tay! yes, i've tried benefit's tint (the original lip and cheek stain you might say). it's a bit too watery for me and not terribly easy to apply. i think the Nivea lip balm's packaging is super cute- it's very Euro and makes me feel like an effortlessly cool German girl or something. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i bought it and love it! i was surprised at the packaging -- yes, like european lip balms! loves it.

    ReplyDelete